This list is the list for language constructs and the std library. There are other paths for building cli tools, serverless functions, or wasm.
Intro to Rust
- What is Rust useful for and why the fuck should I learn it?
- Installing Rust with Rustup
- Hello World! Rust is a statically typed, compiled language with high-level tools (println! macro)
- Mutable and Immutable variable declaration with
let, type inference, and snake_case.
- Primitive types: (booleans, strings, and characters)
- Overview of numbers: integers, floats, and i/usizes. integer literals.
- Compound types: tuples and structs
- functions, arguments, and return values
- Expressions vs statements
- Unit type and unit value
- Block expressions
- // comments
- doc comments
- if and else expressions
- loop, while, break, and for
- if-let and while-let
String vs &str
Copy, Drop, Clone
Using 3rd party packages