30x500 Safari 2
- fretting about clients, exercising, website, etc
- looking for guidance on how to spend time; how much should be paid work
- 9am-12am day, 6h paid time. Too much time spent communicating (emails, calls, skype, etc)
- Managing a contractor is time-intensive
- wary of employing people too early
- "bill for more": meetings, maintenance, etc.
- lots of task-switching/context switching on 2-10min tasks. Feels like a loss.
- some are using time-tracking with small granularity (start when open an email, stop when closing)
- "I picked the wrong career" -> doesn't like sitting in chair all day.
- on-site days are longer
- laptop so hot person was worried it was going to overheat
- been in one spot for 6 hours, then feels like they can't look at screen another minute
- infrequent work, short notice, short deadline. "work until it's finished"
- "seed planting is valuable, but how much time should I spend on things?"
- "goes crazy" without a change of scenery
- doesn't know how to bill higher rates ($60-90/h)
- "chores" are last on the totem pole because clients might not wait
- not sure how many hours is appropriate for any given thing
- trouble managing small amounts of work (5 min here, 10 there) and figuring out how to bill for it. Ended up batching.
- doing coaching/consulting *for free*. doesn't want to charge for being a resource
- "not nearly enough" -> can't find clients?